Schedule & Tournament Info
WESTCHESTER CHESS CLUB
Schedule Fall 2019
The program is subject to adjustments, depending on attendance.
- CLUB HOURS: Doors open Thursday at 7:30 pm and must close at 10:50 pm. If you come in on a Thursday and the outside door is still locked, please call Alan Kuras, 914-310-2122 or Andre Morawski, 917-583-3766. We both have door keys.
- ALL TOURNAMENTS:
- CLUB MEMBERSHIP & FEES:
- WCC membership yearly dues - Adult: $40, Student: $20.
- Tournament entry fees - WCC members: free, Non-members: $15.
- MAKE-UP GAMES: Those unable to play a round of a Tournament must notify opponent & TD Alan Kuras (please copy Ken Liu and Andre Morawski) no later than Wednesday at noon prior to that round's game, else be forfeited. Such games must be completed on or before the closest scheduled make-up Thursday. If TD will not receive results of the made-up game by Tuesday before the next Tournament Thursday, 6:00 pm, the game will be scored as an unrated forfeit.
- REQUESTED BYEs: during a Tournament, a player will be allowed to take one 1/2-point bye. Notify TD a week in advance.
- CLOCK NOTES: Those using a digital clock, set the time given plus 5 second delay. Those using an analog clock, add 5 min
- Digital clocks: +5-second delay, i.e. G40 becomes G40+5sec/move
- Analog clocks: 5 minutes added, i.e. G40 becomes G45
- FOOD & DRINK: At the request of the church, absolutely NO food or drink other than water is allowed in the building. The church graciously allows us to use their meeting room. Please leave the area clean and orderly as you found it. Thank you!
5 Sept. Fall Swiss 4 Rounds G70+5” First Round
12 Sept. Fall Swiss 4 Rounds G70+5” Second Round
19 Sept. Fall Swiss makeups. Open night, friendly games. Officers meeting
26 Sept. Fall Swiss 4 Rounds G70+5” Third Round
3 Oct. Fall Swiss 4 Rounds G70+5” Fourth Round
10 Oct. Fall Swiss makeups. Open night, friendly games
17 Oct. Double Quads, G35+5”, same opponent, play two games: as White & Black. First Round
24 Oct. Double Quads, G35+5” Second Round
31 Oct. Double Quads, G35+5” Third Round
7 Nov. Double Quads makeups. Open night, friendly games
14 Nov. Holiday Swiss 4 Rounds G70+5” First Round
21 Nov. Holiday Swiss 4 Rounds G70+5” Second Round
28 Nov. Club closed, Thanksgiving Day
5 Dec. Holiday Swiss makeups. Lecture and simul with Michael Knatz
12 Dec. Holiday Swiss 4 Rounds G70+5” Third Round
19 Dec. Holiday Swiss 4 Rounds G70+5” Fourth Round
26 Dec. Club Closed - Christmas
Winter-Spring Schedule to be posted at the end of 2019